Friday, October 25, 2013

I Don't Know About You, but I'm Feeling 22!


You know you're having a great day when you can't stop checking yourself out on the security camera at the store. Yes, this is a true story, it happened to me today! I was at the pharmacy counter of Walgreens checking in to get my flu shot when I caught a glimpse of myself on the security camera and then I just couldn't stop looking. It was the strangest thing because I usually avoid looking at those dreadful things. There's been countless times that I've looked and seen a big girl with frizzy hair at the bank or grocery store's camera only to look away horrified after realizing it was ME!! Today was different, I didn't recognize myself, but I liked what I saw.

Now allow me to back up for a minute. If you don't know me then you don't know that I've struggled with weight most of my life, so now you know.

This summer I was introduced to the South Beach Diet by my friend and co-worker, Tasha, and I was able to lose 20 pounds! I started on June 17th and lost the bulk of those 20 pounds at the beginning, but I have been beating myself up about not losing any more weight lately. I've only been maintaining the weight I lost and not trying hard enough to lose additional pounds.

These days my weight loss fluctuates between 20 and 23 pounds. This morning I was at 22 pounds and seeing myself on camera made me realize that, even though I have a long way to go before reaching my goal weight, I have come a long way and losing 20 pounds is a big deal. I look good dammit! Loosing weight is no easy feat, but keeping it off can be even harder so I need to be proud of myself. In Taylor Swift's words, "I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22!"

Until next time!

-Liz

P.S. Yes, that is me attempting to take a booty shot :)






2 comments:

  1. You should be proud of yourself! I'm so so proud of you! This is hard! And you're doing it and you're kicking ass!! We ladies beat ourselves up too much! We need to knock it off and continue to kick ass! You're awesome, Lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tash! You are an inspiration to me every day!

    ReplyDelete