Thursday, June 26, 2014

Zumba Sweat

This was me a few nights ago. No, I didn't get caught in the rain, that wet stuff on my shirt is just a little souvenir I had left over from Zumba class.

Almost every time I get home from Zumba I take a few moments to admire the sweat on my shirt. I used to be embarrassed of my sweatyness so much that I would avoid wearing light colored shirts to Zumba as much as possible. Now I don't care. In fact I love it and I'm damn proud of it. In August it will be four years that I started taking Zumba classes pretty regularly, yet the sweating has not lessened very much. Some Zumba days I sweat buckets others not as much, that depends on that day's playlist, but despite having lost 30 lbs in the last year I continue to sweat a ton. I've come to the conclusion that I will probably never be one of those graceful women that barely breaks into a sweat at the gym. Instead, I'm gonna sweat like a beast and embrace it. I worked hard for it, after all, so hurray for sweating and all its glory

Until next time!

-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment