Monday, October 19, 2015

My Very First 5K!

Photo from my Instagram (@thelizdiaries)
On Saturday I completed my very first 5k race. 

This guy right here (Jason, my boss) stuck with me the entire time. My heart sank when I came upon the first hill in the race. I had not been training for any hills and I don't know why it hadn't occurred to me that I should, so when I stopped to walk up that hill I told Jason he should keep running without me. He is, after all, a seasoned runner who does marathons and Iron Man races, but he said no because he got me into this mess. He stayed just a little ahead of me and stopped when I needed to stop and kept motivating me and telling me stories about running during the whole race. :) 

I didn't run the whole thing, but I did my best and ran as much as I could and I completed it. I believe I finished at about 48 minutes, but hey for a person that has never done running in her life I'd say that's pretty good especially considering there were hills

I'm starting to believe I can do ANYTHING.

Until next time!

-Liz



No comments:

Post a Comment