Friday, August 29, 2014

First Comes Love, Then Comes Malaria by Eve Brown-Waite


I have to admit I was a little disappointed at first that this book wasn't more about the Peace Corps. It's a memoir about Eve Brown-Waite's life as an American expatriate in Uganda mostly, but she does have a short Peace Corps stint in Ecuador at the beginning of the book. I loved the book at any rate.

I think Eve Brown-Waite is a wonderful story teller. Her writing is candid and unapologetic as she describes her misadventures abroad. I was literally laughing out loud throughout the book. I really enjoyed it. It's a good book to read if you are interested in learning a bit about what life as an American expat is like and even if not the love story alone is worth the read. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a good love story.    

Until next time!

-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment