Monday, January 12, 2015

Bossypants By Tina Fey


Bossypants had been on my reading list for a while when I finally started reading it when I went on vacation last November. It is definitely a must read, especially for women. Tina Fey is hilarious and just plain awesome. It is a fun, light read, just know that if you do take it on vacation like I did, be prepared to get looks from strangers when you are laughing out loud.

One of my favorite quotes of the book is Tina's reply to a comment made by a perezhilton.com reader about how Tina Fey ruined SNL and how she is only celebrated because she is a woman and a liberal. Here is part of her response:

"Women in this country have been over-celebrated for too long. Just last night there was a story on my local news about a "missing girl," and they must have dedicated seven or eight minutes to "where she was last seen" and "how she might have been abducted by a close family friend," and I thought, "What is this, the News for Chicks?" Then there was some story about Hillary Clinton flying to some country because she's secretary of state. Why do they keep talking about these dumdums? We are a society that constantly celebrates no one but women and it must stop! I want to hear what the men of the world have been up to. What fun new guns have they invented? What are they raping these days? What's Michael Bay's next film going to be?"

Hahahahaha, so funny, so brilliant. I really love this woman.

Until next time!

-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment